We're looking for an...
Igor Institute is looking for a dynamic and talented Electrical Engineer, experienced in product development, to join our growing team. This position would be responsible for providing electrical engineering expertise and support to projects and clients in our Seattle and San Francisco offices.
- Represent Igor Institute with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Build and maintain rapport with new and repeat clients
- Participate in project scoping and planning
- Circuit design, management of PCB layout, circuit bringup and test
- Lab work (prototyping, soldering, rework, inspection, debug, etc.)
- Collaboration and communication with others across disciplines, companies, and skill levels
- Conduct technical reviews
- Contribute to hardware architecture and product definition
- Lead NPI efforts on site at international ODM facilities
- Meet and exceed client and partner expectations
- Deliver high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Contribute to the growth of the business through evangelism and network outreach
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of product development experience, ideally covering all phases initial concept to manufacturing ramp up, as well as circuit design experience with a focus on mixed signal and embedded system hardware design
- Experience with relevant technologies, including but not limited to wireless technologies, hardware debug, small footprint software design, ultra-low power systems, switching power supplies, and battery management
- Direct experience laying out PCBs
- Independent and self-directed, able to manage projects and act as a technical lead as needed
- Able to engage third parties (partners, clients, and suppliers), and able to articulate technical ideas and tradeoffs to a non-technical audience.
- Experience writing firmware for embedded systems highly desired
- Experience with Altium
- Familiarity with consumer electronics design, development, engineering, and manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with embedded Linux systems from hardware to BSP
Full-time. Salary/compensation DOE
We offer all of our employees comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, quarterly profit sharing, and a competitive employer matched retirement plan.
Please email us your resume/CV along with cover letter to igor+jobs @ igorinstitute.com